Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First Taste


So it's already been a lil over a week into the Outreach Phase of my DTS (if you count the first 4 days of driving..), and it has blown away any and all expectations!

We arrived at the YWAM base in Guadalajara, Mexico (it's actually a few miles out of Guadalajara in a tiny village called Chapala) last Tuesday, and spent the first couple days recuperating from our long drive. Then the fun began!

On Saturday, we had the amazing opportunity to hang out at a boys orphanage! The boys took quite a liking to myself and another one of the gringos on my team lol. It was a huge blessing, not to mention responsibility, for us to take the role of father figures to these parentless children. I have never seen so much joy in a child's eyes upon our return the following Monday.



Ah, so there really is a ton of stuff going on in my life, in the lives of those around me, and in the people we have been able to impact, but I have so little time to relay it all! All I can say is that God has clearly had a hand in everything we've done. He has revealed Himself time and time again; to us and to the people we are witnessing to. He has opened new doors for my future, and now I'm waiting to see which ones He closes.

We will be going to Chiapas, Mexico on Sunday for some MORE work in the indigenous tribes. ;) I'm not sure I'll be able to adequately put into words the experiences we will be encountering... or the ones we have already had.


No comments:

Post a Comment